Brisbane Cycling Festival
Thousands of cyclists are gearing up for one of Queensland’s most iconic events as Australia’s biggest multi-discipline bike festival, Brisbane Cycling Festival, cruises back into town for an unforgettable month-long , citywide celebration from Wednesday, March 15 to Sunday, April 16.
Presented by King Street, the world-class festival has reinforced Brisbane’s reputation as a cycling city with the event driving participants and spectators from across the Oceania region to the Sunshine State to enjoy an action-packed program that was embraced by more the 43,000 attendees in 2022.
Brisbane Cycling Festival hosts four key events including the AusCycling Track National Championships, the Oceania Combined Cycling Championships, Festival Village and Active Lifestyle Expo and the Australian Unity Tour de Brisbane.
Brisbane Cycling Festival has something on offer for all ages and athletic abilities and also offers locals the chance to spectate cycling at its finest, with athletes using the festival as a training ground ahead of the 2024 and 2032 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- AusCycling Track National Championships – From Wednesday, March 15
- Be trackside to watch Australia’s best race for the coveted green and gold national champion’s jersey across exhilarating high-octane events including the keirin, individual and team pursuits, individual time trials, points race, scratch race and omnium. Get ready for all the action on the track at the Anna Meares Velodrome and see who will be crowned the National champions.
- The Oceania Championship Titles - Sunday, March 19 – Sunday, April 19
- Oceania Championship titles will be contested for BMX Freestyle, Mountain Bike Cross Country, Mountain Bike Downhill, Para-cycling (road and track), Road (time trial & road race) and Track.
- Village Weekend - Friday, March 31 – Sunday, April 2
- The Festival Village will include the Active Lifestyle Expo, cycling events within the showgrounds and the broader King Street precinct. Festival attendees will enjoy a flurry of new activities and entertainment, including food, wine, craft beers and entertainment for the whole family. School Holiday learn to ride camps, come & try cycling sessions, bike obstacle course plus more will take place in the Arena. Whilst action packed street criteriums and sprints, and bike polo events will take place in the King Street precinct.
- The Tour de Brisbane Sunday, April 2
- A major feature of the Brisbane Cycling Festival, the Australian Unity Tour de Brisbane is an exciting one-day, fully closed roads event with something on offer for all ages (3yrs+) and fitness levels, including the scenic 10km Story Bridge Ride, 50km Short Ride, 80km Medium Ride, Sprint Duathlon and 110km Gran Fondo Long Ride. This year’s program also includes the all-new Big Family Rides program, offering free events for kids to learn cycling and road safety skills throughout the Easter school holidays to foster interest in the sport in the lead up to the Olympic and Paralympic Games. Tour de Brisbane registrations helps to raise life-changing funds for The Common Good, an initiative of The Prince Charles Hospital Foundation, to support transplant research.
To register or purchase tickets for the Brisbane Cycling Festival, visit https://www.brisbanecyclingfestival.com/